Adecco Group AG, Sägereistrasse 10, 8152 Glattbrugg, Switzerland (“Adecco”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy (together with other documents referred to herein) describes what personal data we collect from you and how we process your personal data.
If you do not wish to accept this Policy please do not continue to use the Website.
You represent and warrant that you are of legal age.
Personal data we may collect from you
- If you use our contact forms (for example for registration purpose), please notice that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields. We need this information to comply with your request. Other information or personal data you share with us is in your sole discretion. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Throughout the event, we may record videos, make pictures, and collect quotes of you. Adecco will use such material and information and can share it with the public by using traditional media (for example this website) and social media to promote these activities and make publicity of the particular event. Any use by Adecco or third party will only be in a proper and adequate manner and will not be in a manner that may cause damage to your image or reputation.
- We may collect your consent, if any, for direct marketing purposes via email, when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form.
- We may collect information on your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, content from surveys and contact forms and other communication data and the resources that you access. This information, for example, will make your visit to the Website easier in the future since we might suggest Content depending on the location you access the Website from.
- We also collect information of all users of the Website in aggregated form in order to provide us with a better understanding of the users of the Website as a group, but which does not contain personally identifiable information.
- We may also store cookies as set out in more detail in our Cookies Policy site.
How we use your information
All this information (“your data”) will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your registration process for the events described in the website (Global Sports & Inclusion Day).
- To help us create, publish, and improve Content most relevant to you.
- To use the information for direct marketing via e-mail, upcoming events or newsletters, when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. Anyway, you may at any time opt-out of receiving future marketing communication.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- To respond to your request or questions when you are contacting us. We will provide you the relevant information by email. Telephone and/or mail can be an option, but it is in our sole discretion to choose the communication system.
- To best tailor Content and resources according to your preferences.
- To ensure that the Content provided through the Website are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To further develop and improve the Website and systems to better serve you.
Sharing with third parties
To facilitate our efficient use of your data, and to provide you with the best content and/or resources, it may sometimes be necessary for us to disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers, contractors and agents: From time to time we may engage or employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include the hosting of Website content, or the provision of certain features contained on the Website (to produce a video) or to provide information upon your request. Such recipients will only have access to data required by them to perform their functions, and are not permitted to use such data for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
- To other entities belonging to The Adecco Group (i.e. any companies directly or indirectly controlled by Adecco Group AG), including their suppliers, contractors and agents, which may be involved in the provision of the Website or the content, so that we can better serve you or, simply, simply, to give response to your requests (e.g. when you use contact or registration forms). By providing us with your data, you consent that your data may be transferred to, processed and stored outside of your country of residence, including in countries which may not provide adequate data protection as defined by Swiss data protection law, but only for the limited purposes and in accordance with the principles set out herein.
- To government or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under an obligation to do so.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you or any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your device. Cookies help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised content.
If your computer is shared by other people, we advise that you do not select the ‘remember my details’ option when the Website offers such option to store certain information entered by you.
For further information pertaining to the usage of cookies on the Website please refer to our Cookies Policy.
Where your personal data is stored and processed.
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, processed and stored by us, other Adecco Group companies and the third parties mentioned above outside your country of residence and/or Switzerland, including in countries which may not provide adequate data protection as defined by Swiss data protection law.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to such transfer, storing and processing outside of Switzerland. We endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Although we will do our best to protect your data, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data and transferred it to a third party, we will use strict operational procedures and reasonable security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of this data.
Your rights. How you can access, correct and delete your data
Upon your request, Adecco will – in compliance with applicable law – inform you as to whether personal data about you has been collected, and you may contact us to request any correction or deletion of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com
You have the right to opt-in to receive marketing communications and news from Adecco and/or its subsidiaries via email.
We will usually offer you a check box on the forms we use to collect your data where, if you agree for this purpose, you have to click up on the box. You can also exercise the opt-out right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As well, if you do not want to receive marketing communications from us, please indicate your preference by Unsubscribing in the footer of the email you received.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
Last modified: 8 June 2017