Turning a negative situation into positive prospects
Our client, a globally known brand in auto manufacturing, had experienced a business downturn and was forced to announce job reductions. This led to pressure from both governments and Unions to devise a creative solution that would empower those employees facing redundancy to re-train and gain fulfilling employment elsewhere. With this remit, and with limited financial resources on our client’s side, we set to work.
We realised the need to create a Win/Win/Win situation. So we worked with governments and local partners to fund retraining, encouraged and inspired employees to retrain and make career transitions and worked within the community to help employers attract and evaluate talent. Having gained the funding required, we helped participants to find and prepare for a job-training programme. During this time they remained fully paid by our client.
- We maintained the brand reputation of our client
- The credibility of the HR team was reinforced
- We built a community of business partners to support talent mobility
- We achieved 20% cost savings against a traditional social plan
- The programme continues to grow with more business partners involved and more successful transitions predicted