Privacy Information Statement
For CEO for One Month candidate portal
Latest update: January 2021
We are part of The Adecco Group AG, which is our mother company, with its registered office and the Group Data Protection Officer at Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008 Zurich (“Adecco”, “we” or “us”). This Policy (together with other documents referred to herein) describes what personal information we collect from you and how we process your personal information.
There is an index below, so you can go straight to the bits you want if you prefer.
Personal data we collect from you
- We will collect any information you provide to us when you use use our Online-Portals for candidates The provision of your personal information via our contact form is not a statutory or contractual requirement; however, please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields, because we need this information to comply with or respond to your request. Other information or personal information you share with us when completing our contact form is in your sole discretion. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- We collect personal information on your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, content from surveys and contact forms and other communication data and the resources that you access. Our collection of this personal information will make your visit to the Website easier in the future as we will be able to suggest Content that is relevant to you based on the location you access the Website from.
We use your personal information to send you direct marketing via e-mail
when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. You may
opt-out of receiving future marketing communications at any time by
clicking the unsubscribe link in the respective email.
We also store cookies as set out in more detail in our COOKIES POLICY.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes:
- To provide information about the different programmes described in this website (e.g. CEO for One Month, workshops, or Experience Work Day);
- To make possible your application process and participation in the different programmes, contests or activities described in this Website (e.g. CEO for One Month, workshops or Experience Work Day)
- To publish the list of the selected participants or winners of the different programmes or activities described in this Website (for example, Country CEOs for One Month and/or the finalists) for advertising and promotional purpose. This list may include your full name and/or picture/video on social media, traditional media or/and our worldwide accessible website;
- To help and support your employability by adding you to our candidate portal after a CEO for One Month campaign has ended;
- To provide job offers according to your profile in various sectors;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so;
- To respond to your request or question and to allow us to contact you and to inform you about our services, opportunities and other information – such as Adecco upcoming events or newsletters – that may be of interest to you;
- To send you information about us, our related companies and possibly about third parties that may be of interest to you;
- To notify you about changes of this Website;
To best tailor Content and resources according to your preferences;
- To help us create, publish, and improve Content most relevant to you;
- To ensure that the Content provided through the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device; and
- to further develop and improve the Website and systems to better serve you.
LEGAL BASIS TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will process your personal data in a proper and adequate manner and shall not be used in a manner whatsoever that causes damage to your image or reputation.
Our use of your information as described above is permitted by applicable data protection law because it is:
necessary for our legitimate interests in pursuing the purposes set out above, and such interests in each case not being overridden by your privacy interests; in some cases, necessary to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities, such as disclosures to authorities, regulators or government bodies; or in some cases, necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and, when we use special categories of personal information, necessary for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or where the processing relates to personal information manifestly in the public domain; in limited circumstances, processed with your consent which we obtain from you from time to time, such as when you opt-in to receive marketing communications and news via email.
We do not make any solely automated decisions including those based on profiling, that have a legal or similarly significant effect on you.
How long we will keep your information
We will keep your information for the longer of the period required in order to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities. The retention periods of your personal information depend on the respective purpose the data are processed for and the respective area such personal information is processed in. It is not possible to outline the various retention periods in a reasonably intelligible format under this Policy. The criteria used to determine the applicable retention period are that we will retain the personal information set out in this policy for as long as (i) necessary for the respective purpose, (ii) necessary to carry out our business relationship with you, (iii) you have consented to, and/or (iv) required by applicable statutory retention laws.
We will only send marketing communications to you via email where you have consented that we may do so.
We will usually offer you a check box on the forms we use to collect your personal information where, if you agree to receive marketing communications, you have to click the box. Where we send marketing communications to you via email, you may opt out of receiving any further marketing communications by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt-out’ function in the email. In addition, you can also exercise your opt-out right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and providing the following information: your name, your email address, a contact telephone number, the marketing communications you would like to opt out of receiving.
Sharing with third parties
To facilitate our efficient use of your information, and to provide you with the content and/or resources, we disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
To suppliers, contractors and agents: We will
engage or employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on
our behalf or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use and
other agreements. Examples include, administrative functions associated
with this Website or the hosting by a third party. In fact, the website
is operated by Maverick Advertising & Design Ltd., registered
address in 5 Gainsford Street, London SE1 2NE, United Kingdom. Maverick
also supports us on our Facebook fanpage.
Further suppliers that are engaged with us are as follows:
Bullhorn Inc.: Boston, MA. United States. 100 Summer Street, 100 Summer St., USA with its hosting location in Ireland and Germany providing us with a software to manage the recruitment process.
Salesforce.com,inc: Salesforce Tower, 415 Mission Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA with its hosting location in Germany providing us with the technology for our Candidate Platform.
TextKernel B.V.: Nieuwendammerkade 26A-5, 1022 AB Amsterdam, Netherlands with its hosting location in Germany providing us with CV parsing and search engine services.
Cammio B.V., Lange Houtstraat 13, 2511 CV The Hague, The Netherlands with its hosting location in Germany and Ireland providing us with Video interview services.
Qualtrics LLC., 333 W. River Park Drive, Provo, UT 84604, USA with its hosting location in Germany providing us with candidate satisfaction surveys.
HCL Technologies Limited, 806, Siddharth, 96, Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019 with its hosting location in The Netherlands and Germany providing us with infrastructure services.
To other entities belonging to the Adecco Group (i.e. any companies directly or indirectly controlled by Adecco) in order to provide you with suitable job offers within Europe. Thus, other recruiters of the Adecco Group from EU and EEA countries and different entities and brands may reach out to you. A list of Adecco Group companies is included here WWW.ADECCOGROUP.COM including their suppliers, contractors and agents, which may be involved in the provision of the Website or the content, so that we can better serve you or, simply, to give response to your requests (e.g. when you use contact us forms).
- To government or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under a legal obligation to do so.
IP addresses and cookies
We collect information about your computer, including (where available)
your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system
administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing
actions and patterns, and does not identify you or any individual.
If your computer is shared with other people, we advise that you do not select the ‘remember my details’ option when that option is offered by the Website.
Where your personal information is stored and processed.
As explained in the “Sharing with third parties” paragraph above, we share your personal information with the following:
- Third party suppliers, contractors or agents: where we use a third party supplier, contractor or agent, your personal information remains under our control and we have controls in place to ensure your personal information is adequately protected.
- Other companies in the Adecco Group: we have entered into a groupwide arrangement to ensure your personal information continues to be subject to an adequate level of protection.
We endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Do we transfer your data outside of Switzerland?
Your personal information can be transferred and processed in one or more other countries outside of Switzerland. We shall only transfer your data outside Switzerland to countries which provide adequate level of data protection as defined by Swiss data protection law and the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, or where the Adecco Group has put in place appropriate safeguards to seek to preserve the privacy of your information. Those countries include the 47 which are involved in the Program.
The personal data we share with other Adecco entities within Europe is also subject to executed Intra-Group Data Processing Agreements, which have an adequate standard of data protection as required by Data Privacy Laws. Additional European Contractual Clauses are also an initial part of our Intra-Group Data Processing Agreements, in order to protect the processing of your personal information in a secured and compliant way in the event you may request a processing of your data to a Adecco entity outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict operational procedures and adequate, technical and organizational security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of this personal information.
Your rights. How you can access, correct and delete your personal information
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information: You are entitled to request confirmation whether we process any of your personal information. Where this is the case, you may have access to your personal information and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases, you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your information.
- Right to correct your personal information: If you can demonstrate that the personal information, we hold about you is not correct, you can ask that this information is updated or otherwise corrected.
- Right to be forgotten/have data deleted: In certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal data deleted. You may make such a request at any time and Adecco will evaluate if your request should be granted, however this right is subject to any legal rights or obligations we may have to retain data. For situations where in accordance with the law, we determine that your request to have your personal information deleted must be granted, Adecco will do so without undue delay. Please bear in mind, once your data is deleted – that the Company might not be of service to you anymore once this data about you has been deleted. If you want to re-register with the company again, you will need to re-enter your data.
- Right to restrict: In certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. However, in some instances such restriction of processing may limit the Services that you can receive from us.
- Right to object: As far as the company’s processing of your data is based on the company’s legitimate interest (and no other processing ground) or relates to direct marketing, you are entitled to object to the Company processing your data by reference to your particular situation.
You may click here to exercise your rights.
To the extent our processing of your personal information is based on your
consent, you can always withdraw your consent and opt-out from receiving
further communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in each
email. However, you must understand that withdrawing your consent will not
affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before the
receipt of such withdrawal, nor further processing of the same data under
other legal basis such as contract or compliance with a legal obligation
to which Adecco is subject.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with your local data protection authority.
Changes to this Privacy Information Statement
The terms of this Policy may change from time to time. We shall publish any material changes to this Policy through appropriate notices either on this website or contacting you using other communication channels.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and
should be addressed to Adecco Group AG, Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008
Zürich, Switzerland, email address:
You can request a copy of mechanisms relating to a specific transfer of your personal information by contacting Adecco Group AG, Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland.
You can also contact our Group data protection officer at the following address: email@example.com or use our web from to file a request.