Latest update: 8 December 2020
Adecco Group AG, Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland (“Adecco”, “we”
or “us”) is committed to
protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy (together with other documents referred to herein) describes what personal information we collect from you and how we process your personal information.
There is an index below, so you can go straight to the bits you want if you prefer.
Personal data we collect from you
- We will collect personal information on your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, date and time of the access to the website, weblogs, your device, browser, and other communication data and the resources that you access. Our collection of this personal information will make your visit to the Website easier in the future as we will be able to suggest content that is relevant to you based on the location you access the Website from.
- We may automatically process some technical data such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address to identify what companies have interacted with the website. This processing only identifies a company name and will not be used to identify an individual.
- We will collect any information you provide to us when you use our contact forms (for example “Contact”, “Send us a Message”, “Stay in touch”, “Get financial updates”), or when you decide to participate in a survey or in our Analyst Call & Webcast about our financial results, or when you sign up to receive our newsletters or our latest news, developments and research, or via any similar form. The provision of your personal information via our contact forms is not a statutory or contractual requirement, however, please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields; we need this information to comply with or respond to your request. Other information or personal information you share with us when completing our contact forms is in your sole discretion. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- We use your personal information to send you direct marketing via e-mail, messaging, phone or social media when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing communications at any time.
When you use our online services, we also store cookies as set out in more detail in our COOKIES POLICY.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes:
- To best tailor Content and resources according to your preferences.
- To respond to your request, questions or provide information when you contact or request us
- To keep you informed about our services,
- To deliver other services - such as Adecco upcoming events or newsletters that may offer you.
- To identify what companies (legal entities, not individuals) have interacted with the website.
- To help us create, publish, and improve the Content that is most relevant to you.
- To ensure that the Content provided through the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- To further develop and improve the Website and systems to better serve you.
Legal basis to process your personal data
Our use of your information as described above is permitted by applicable data protection law because:
- When you use our contact forms or sign up to receive our newsletters or alerts, the use of your personal information is based in your consent. Please consult “Your Rights” section to know about how you can withdraw your consent.
- If you actively choose to submit an inquiry or request or contact us by any means, we will use the information you provide to respond to your request (consent based).
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests in pursuing the purposes set out above, and such interests in each case not being overridden by your privacy interests;
- In some cases, it is necessary to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities, or for establishing. exercising or defending legal claims, such as disclosures to authorities, regulators or government bodies; or
- In limited circumstances, it is processed also with your specific and separate consent which we obtain from when you opt-in to receive marketing communications and news via email. See further information about B2B Communications in “Marketing communications” section below.
We do not make any solely automated decisions including those based on profiling, that have a legal or similarly significant effect on you.
How long we will keep your information
The information we collect related to your visit to our Website (for example: traffic data, location data,
date and time of the access to the website, weblogs, your device, browser, and other communication data and
the resources that you access) for web analysis purposes is only kept on an aggregated level. This means
that once collected, this information is combined with other related information in a way that it is no
longer possible to identify the person to whom it relates to anymore.
In particular as we are processing the IP address to identify what companies (legal entities, not individuals) have interacted with the website, this information is stored for 14 days only for operational/troubleshooting purposes.
When you use our contact forms or sign up for newsletters, events or get information from us, we will keep your information for two years after last contact. However, we may keep your information for the longer of the period required in order to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities (for example, for establishing. exercising or defending legal claims or compliance cases).
We will only send marketing communications to you, as an individual, if you have consented to us doing
To receive marketing or promotional communications, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data.
B2B Communications. If you represent our prospect, partner or customer, either prior to entering into an agreement with Adecco or during a business relationship between Adecco and the legal entity which you represent, we may process your basic contact details (e.g. your name, surname, job position, company name, e-mail, and phone number) so far as necessary to carry out our joint business relationship. In that case, the processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interest in maintaining and developing our business relationship and customer base, promoting our products, services, and customer loyalty programs. Generally, you cannot opt out of these sorts of communications which are not marketing-related but merely required for the relevant business relationship.
You may easily opt out of receiving any further marketing communications at any time. Simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt-out’ function at the bottom of the email. In addition, you can also exercise your opt-out right at any time by contacting us here and providing the following information: your name, your email address, a contact telephone number, the marketing communications you would like to opt out of receiving.
Sharing with third parties
To facilitate our efficient use of your information, and to provide you with the content and/or resources, we disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
To suppliers, contractors and agents:from time to time we may engage or employ other
companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. This category of third-parties includes:
Chorus Call, S.A. with registered address at Via al Mulino 22a - 6814 Cadempino - Switzerland for teleconferencing and streaming services.
Investis Digital Limited, with registered address at 53 Tooley Street, Counting House, London, SE1 2QN to identify what companies have interacted with the website (there is no focus on identifying the individual).
To other entities belonging to the Adecco Group (i.e. any companies directly or indirectly controlled by Adecco). A list of Adecco Group companies is included here WWW.ADECCOGROUP.COM/WORLDWIDE-LOCATIONS/ including their suppliers, contractors and agents, which may be involved in the provision of the Website or the content, so that we can better serve you or, simply, to give response to your requests (e.g. when you use contact us forms).
- To government or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under a legal obligation to do so.
IP addresses and cookies
We may automatically process some technical data such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address to identify what
companies have interacted with the website. This processing only identifies a company name and will not be
used to identify an individual.
We also use your IP address to track traffic flows and to make our websites easier for you to use and to better understand how our website is used.
We collect operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you or any individual.
You can prevent your browser to store cookies in your browser settings and also you can delete the cookies from your device at any time via the browser settings.
If your computer is shared with other people, we advise that you do not select the ‘remember my details’ option when that option is offered by the Website.
Where your personal data is stored and processed.
As explained in the “Sharing with third parties” paragraph above, we share your personal information with the following:
- Third party suppliers, contractors or agents: where we use a third party supplier, contractor or agent, your personal information remains under our control and we have controls in place to ensure your personal information is adequately protected.
- Other companies in the Adecco Group: we have entered into a groupwide arrangement to ensure your personal information continues to be subject to an adequate level of protection.
We endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Do we transfer your data outside of Switzerland?
Your personal information can be transferred and processed in one or more other countries outside of Switzerland. We shall only transfer your data outside Switzerland to countries which provide adequate level of data protection as defined by Swiss data protection law, or where the Adecco Group has put in place appropriate safeguards to seek to preserve the privacy of your information. Those countries include the United States and United Kingdom.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict operational procedures and adequate, technical and organizational security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of this personal information.
Your rights. How you can access, correct and delete your personal information
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information: You are entitled to request confirmation whether we process any of your personal information. Where this is the case, you may have access to your personal information and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases, you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your information. In some limited circumstances, you also have the right to request portability of your personal information.
- Right to correct your personal information: If you can demonstrate that the personal information, we hold about you is not correct, you can ask that this information is updated or otherwise corrected.
- Right to be forgotten/have data deleted: In certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal data deleted. You may make such a request at any time and Adecco will evaluate if your request should be granted, however this right is subject to any legal rights or obligations we may have to retain data. For situations where in accordance with the law, we determine that your request to have your personal information deleted must be granted, Adecco will do so without undue delay.
- Right to restrict or object to the processing of your data: In certain circumstances you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal information, or to object on certain processing thereof on grounds relating to your particular situation.
You may click here to exercise your rights.
To the extent our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you can always
withdraw your consent and opt-out from receiving further communications by following the unsubscribe
instructions in each email. However, you must understand that withdrawing your consent will not affect
the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before the receipt of such withdrawal, nor
further processing of the same data under other legal basis such as contract or compliance with a legal
obligation to which Adecco is subject.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the data protection authority of the Member State of your habitual residence, of your place of work, or of an alleged infringement of your rights).
Changes to this Policy
The terms of this Policy may change from time to time. We shall publish any material changes to this Policy through appropriate notices either on this website or contacting you using other communication channels.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed. Moreover, if you would like to
obtain information about the safeguards and mechanisms we have in place to protect your personal data
when is transferred out of Switzerland, please contact us at Adecco Group AG, Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008
Zürich, Switzerland, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address: email@example.com.